Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Perfect Bliss

Why does the thought of you make me smile?
Why does our short distance seem like miles?
Why are most my thoughts of you?
Why, for you, anything i'll do?
Why does each minute seem like an hour?
Like its spent in my isolated tower?
I look out, wide and far
Try to catch a glimpse of you, my star,
My constant polaris, always shining true and right.
Will you guide me through this night?
Will you bring me to heights I never knew existed?
Or will you just leave me here, broken and twisted?
My golden sunshine, warm and bright.
Please, stay with me tonight?
Wrap around me your glowing rays
and help me welcome in the days.
My waning moon, night is coming 'round once more.
You know what it is I'm waiting for.
Will you protect me in my sleep?
I fear I'm falling in too deep...

2 comments:

  1. wow i really like this poem alot
    its so deep and true
    kinda reminds me of the way i feel sometimes.
    i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful... beyond words :)

    I love how easily I could relate to it. Reminds me of love... it really captures the angst one feels when they are in love.

    Seriously. This is publish-worthy.

    ReplyDelete